Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Update from my foster mom

Miss Dixie has been in temporary foster care here in Northern Illinois for 5 days and is a very loving dog. Dixie is so gentle with the kids, rolls over on her belly to be pet when friends come over, then snuggles on the couch with our friends when they visit. I have not heard her bark since she arrived 5 days ago. She is crate trained and we haven't had any accidents in the house. She does great in her crate, we ask her to get in her bed and she walks right in without a peep all night. She is playful and can entertain herself all day with many naps in between. I am not sure how she is with cats since we don't have any but she gets along great with my pointer after they worked out an issue when they first met. Dixie gets a little up close and personal with my pointer, with her nosey nose. She loves to play steal the toys from Ella my pointer and then hoard them all. She fit in really well with our family within a few days. I can't imagine why her adopter treated her so badly, but she is no worse for the wear. What a great dog and is ready to move into your home for the new year. You would be lucky to have her, she is welcome here anytime, what a great house guest.

0 comments: