Saturday, January 10, 2009

Dixie's Hunt Test

Wheeee! I got to go sniff and hunt birds! My foster mom took me and Nora to have a Test. We went on a long car ride, and when we got there, we got to meet a nice man who let us smell birds. I liked it, and the man said I had "potential". He said that meant I liked the birds, and I wasn't "gun shy". I don't know what that means, but I wasn't scared when he made a big noise, and he let me keep smelling the birds. I did stop and point when I found one, and he and my foster mommy said that was good. I'm not sure if I passed my test, but I had a good time.

Here I am getting ready for my test.


Ok, what do I do now?


This smells good



OHHHH! This smells better!


YES!! That's a BIRD in there!


I'm still watching it.
I think what I'm doing is called "pointing".



I couldn't find it after it flew away


I got to smell it after it held still.


Kent said that it would help me learn more about hunting to play with it - just a little!


Here I am resting on the couch in the hunt club after I had my test.

0 comments: